
│ WELCOME│ INTRODUCTION │ HOW TO JOIN │RULES │

previous seasons
-------spring --------------summer ------------ autumn ----------- winter -----

│2006 2007 2008 2009 │ 2006 2007 2008 │ 2006 2007 2008 │ 2006 2007 2008 │

succeeding season
│ Autumn 2009 @ our new website The Four Seasons of Haiku │

Thursday, June 25, 2009

DELAYED MONSOON

Delayed monsoon
may now come early and quench
earth's thirst with respite
from heat and power cut:
I smell wetness in the air

4 comments:

Gwil W said...

hi R K;
currently we have serious floods in central europe - poland, austria, czech - quite a few drowned - it's been almost monsoon season here the last 4 days the danube has burst its banks several places - but now the big rains have gone but the thunderstorms are coming - and now as if by request as i type a loacl thunder shower starts ~:-). never mind - many gardens and parks are flourishing!
best,
gwilym

Ram Krishna Singh said...

Hi Gwilym: it drizzled here this afternoon for a while and gave hope of rains in the days to come. All over the country there is a danger of drought. Personally, I have been very uncomfortable all these days.
R K

Pan Haiku Review said...

I love that simple line:
I smell wetness in the air

Very evocative and moody.

Ram Krishna Singh said...

Thanks, Alan.
R K