
│ WELCOME│ INTRODUCTION │ HOW TO JOIN │RULES │

previous seasons
-------spring --------------summer ------------ autumn ----------- winter -----

│2006 2007 2008 2009 │ 2006 2007 2008 │ 2006 2007 2008 │ 2006 2007 2008 │

succeeding season
│ Autumn 2009 @ our new website The Four Seasons of Haiku │

Monday, July 13, 2009


I had been away....along time
joyful, I see the day lilies that rim the yard
so much missed, so much lost

2 comments:

jem said...

I like what you are trying to say in each of your poems Melanie, but I feel each perhaps has too many words. The same sense might be stronger if you lost a few. eg -

day lilies rim the yard
so much missed, so much lost

Just a personal suggestion.

diana l. said...

I agree with Jem. These seasonal blogs have really helped to hone down my writing to more of its core. Less (fewer words, implied versus obvious meaning, minimal redundancy) certainly seems to be more (beauty, depth, mystery), I am learning.